Laboratory VPN Cypto Card How-To
If you have been assigned a crypto card for two-factor VPN access, this document describes the differences in the logon procedure using the crypto card technology.
Instructions for connecting and using the VPN are not covered in this document:
Note: The issuance of a crypto card does not replace your ANL domain password; it is supplemental to it and is used as a password
substitute for the VPN.
- When the logon window for the VPN is displayed, enter your ANL domain username as you normally would:
- BUT INSTEAD OF YOUR ANL DOMAIN PASSWORD,you will now enter your assigned pin+crypto card 8-character combination in the password field.
- To do so: ENTER YOUR 4-DIGIT PIN FIRST(with no spaces), then press the button on your crypto card to see the 8 characters on the
crypto card display.
- Type the characters into the password fieldafter the PINyou just entered without any leading or trailing spaces.
- Click OK or Connect.
- Agree to the Connection Warning Banner and proceed as normal.
You should now be connected to the VPN.
Download printable PDF version