Password changes, password resets, and account unlocking can be performed via a set of self-service tools from MyPassword.
To reset a forgotten password or to unlock a locked account,
you must establish an identity profile by answering a set of identifying questions.
- If you know your current password, you can use the
Change Password Utility to change it.
- If you have forgotten your password and have established an identity profile,
you can reset your password yourself.
- If you have accidently locked yourself out of your account through multiple failed login
attempts and you have established an identity profile,
you can unlock your account yourself. Note that your account will automatically unlock itself after 30 minutes if you wait.
- If you forget your password or accidently lock your account and you do not have an established identity profile, contact your local
password administrator for assistance.
- If you do not have an identity profile, you can create one with
MyPassword to take advantage of the self-service capability that the tool provides.
Note that MyPassword enforces password complexity and uniqueness requirements.
MyPassword identity profiles should not be created for accounts with
elevated privileges (ouadmin, admin, or svc).
You can use personal X.509 certificates issued by a Certificate Authority to access computing resources.
You may also execute a variety tests to verify your credentials, to test a web-site trust, or to determine if the DNS entries for
your workstation are appropriate.
For your convenience, you may download the VPN Utility from this web site.
Securing your home computer before accessing an Argonne network is an important measure in implementing good cyber security.